Saturday 27 February 2010

Welcome

This blog is being developed for the purpose of presenting personal opinions on important topics and developments such as 9/11, the war on terror, civil liberties, the Iraq enquiry, the death of Dr Kelly and other areas that might take our fancy like climate change (or climategate as it is now known) and the corrupt banking system (which seems to be getting everyone angry at the moment).

I know what you might be thinking: "Here we go, another crank writing about conspiracy theories on the internet".

With regards to the mainstream press, some may not choose to believe what they read on the internet, but my view is the opposite: I don't trust too much what I read in the newspapers because it is controlled and I know that what is published can be biased and uninformed. Paying for content on the web will only encourage people to read alternative opinion and news on the internet that is not controlled. In fact, I would recommend a book by Nick Davies called "Flat Earth News".

In fact, there are two of us who will be writing commentary for this blog. I will make my position clear that I am not a 'conspiracy theorist' or a 'denier'. These words are being used more often simply as a way of enforcing censorship and stopping individuals from questioning those in authority. I have a scientific background and I only look at evidence to come to my own informed decision about the world I live in.

I would also like to make clear that I hate the word 'sheeple' because that creates an 'us-and-them' mentality. When certain sections of the community want to encourage others to look at alternative opinions the last thing they would want to do is drive them away or create divisiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment